Returns, exchanges and claims
1. The Buyer agrees to inspect the goods prior to the Buyer cutting them. No claims will be recognised after the goods are cut, sewn, washed, or worn in respect of any defect which the Buyer was aware of, or ought to have become aware of, upon inspection of the goods.
2. Many of Silk Trader’s products are hand made and/or have hand made details on them. Occasionally, there may appear to be minor defects or faults. Where possible, these will be looked for and pointed out prior to purchase. By making a purchase, however, you represent to Silk Trader that you understand and accept the nature of the goods.
3. All fabrics, laces and general products are checked for legitimate lines, colour variation, marks, defects or faults before they leave the store. If extra fabric is allowed for this, you will be notified of this.
4. Silk Trader prides itself on customer service and satisfaction. However, we will not exchange or accept returns or provide a credit if a Buyer:
- simply changes their mind after buying the goods;
- has discovered they can buy the goods cheaper or on better terms somewhere else;
- the goods are unsuitable for the type of garment the buyer intends to make;
- knew about a particular fault or damage before buying the goods; or damaged the goods;
- In the event of a claim whatsoever, Silk Trader’s liability is restricted to the price invoiced only.
- No responsibility accepted for colourfastness of products. We recommend testing all items for colour fastness each time before use.
- We recommend testing of fabric in sample garment in accord with care instructions and inspection before cutting as no claims will be accepted after fabric has been cut or processed.
1. Silk Trader may offer an exchange or credit note if:
- goods are faulty through no fault of the Buyer;
- goods are unfit for their purpose – which means they will not do what the Buyer reasonably expected them to do;
- goods do not match (outside a 10% allowance) our description or sample; or
- goods have defects that were not obvious or were not brought to your attention at time of purchase
2. To claim a refund, exchange or credit note, a Buyer must:
- provide sufficient details of how the goods are defective;
- seek approval from Silk Trader in writing and make the goods available for
- inspection by Silk Trader within 7 days of purchase;
- not dispose of, damage, lose or destroy the goods; and
- provide a copy of the receipt or proof of purchase.